|Trail 100 Dreamy Draw, North section. Best perspective of Phoenix.|
First thing I noticed at the trail head was that (I think) the metal thieves struck again, and took the sign that I took a picture of several years back. I didn't take photos of these plaques thinking that I better do it before someone steals them for scrap, but that's how things work out sometimes.
|Gone, just a rock there now (unless I missed it)|
|A cairn of surpassing size and whiteness|
Some highlights from today (other than riding Trail 100 end to end)
- The giant white cairn in the picture above, which kind of helped orient me
- Several horses. Welcome, equestrians!
- Several very nice hikers and mountain bikers. Good morning to you all.
- Tubeless tires with proper sealant suck up goathead thorns and keep on going. They are amazing. I'm just going to leave the thorns in for now, there are so many of them already after just a few rides.
- Finding the middle ground for fiddling with the shock settings, firm for going up bigger hills, and streets, middle or open for rolling rocks or going downhill.
- Speed and momentum are good, take the high line, ride it out, relax
Keep riding. Be open. Got to fly now.