Sunday, July 5, 2015

In the Grasp of Night


What a four second exposure of a dozen Segway tourists buzzing across the Soleri Bridge looks like

This night, monsoon brewing, I felt the night grasp me, power my ride, urge me onward.

Were they also in the grasp of night? Did they feel the lightning crackle? Hear the cicadas' poem?

Shaking off the weeks' peripheral concerns (the week that was, and the week that will be), I tuned into the cicada song that filled this night. Tailwind, canal-flow, night breeze, all were working in my favor, all working right. The car that sped up to the light that I ducked behind as if he wasn't there. The bike that disappeared beneath me. 

From the center of my bottom bracket, I affirm this night.

Still looking good, the golden tubes

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, and Segway, the struggling American company that recently filed a trade dispute against a Chinese company called "Ninebot" that it accused of stealing its intellectual property, was just acquired by Ninebot.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.