Thursday, March 5, 2015

I Am Not This


No

The traffic across the road going the other way was backed up for about a mile due to a stoplight malfunction, or possibly planned outage, I couldn't tell which. Traffic going my way was surprisingly nonexistent. 

Until, that is, I heard a sound behind me like a wave of oncoming metal power-driven by gunned engines that had been held captive behind some infuriating barrier for minutes on end suddenly to be unleashed by the wave of a traffic cop or lowering of some other temporary halt, so that the accelerators might be stomped to the floor in order that the home driveway might be acquired so urgently, so quickly, so unhampered by angering, frustrating, inefficient stoppages and blockages.

So I pulled over, glanced back, and saw this rushing toward me.

No, I thought. Hell no. Not going to be part of that. I am not that. I don't do that anymore, thank goodness, I don't partake. No way. I snapped the photo above, not great all around but captures the moment don't you think, I only had about two seconds to take the photo and get the heck out of the way, then I veered off down a fortunate side path out, away far far from the angry metal hoards.

Saw this the same day. I am not that, either, but I have to grant a certain wow-tacisous overthetopness to it
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Depends on how you pronounce the second word...but yes, it did sound a bit like a race bearing down on me.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.