Sunday, March 8, 2015

Glimpses of My Alter Days


Fixie posed before the great gabion canal exit symbol

There may be days eventually of halting, when for whatever typical reason I don't feel like riding, or continuing. But not today. 80°F sunny Sunday, dry and blazing blue skies, a wide open afternoon and the roads and paths beckoning. 

I ride, and the first sentence pingponging around inside my head becomes "my alter days", which either could be days of halting, or else more happily, the alternative days of riding and riding until the light fades, and lights come out of the bag and I keep on riding.

More alter days, please. No halting, not for a while, at least. With my legs spinning round, and the sound of my tires on pavement singing across miles, I can't imagine, won't and don't want to. This, now, more, go.

 

1 comment:

  1. I would want to keep on riding with that sort of weather....sounds wonderful... !

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.