Thursday, October 31, 2013

Four-legged traffic


Seen on commute: I wondered how they would cross the street. Same as I do, I guess.

Horses, as it turns out, are another way to just take your time and converse as you go

I see a few horses around Phoenix and Scottsdale, but they are uncommon enough that when I see them along the canal, they catch my attention. These were just beautiful: muscled, graceful, taking their time, enjoying the morning. Warm flesh that ripples. Often gentle ways. Power. Endurance. Spirit. Hoof rhythm. Commute rate slightly lower than bicycles. Magnificent transport.


2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the pair of horses that often are ridden around a subdivision in Keller, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get jacked when I see them. It still seems strange to me after decades living here.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.