Saturday, September 22, 2012

Palmhenge Equinox


Similar photo, totally different topic
Summer is slipping away, although slowly and yet with still more 100 degree days, but when I see the sunset line up with our east-west streets, I know I'll be having coffee with Autumn soon. Shorter days, had to start using the lights recently. SABS is still the theme for night cycle commuting here at OSG, still rocking the Expilion 350 / Radbot 1000 combo, easy on, easy off, super bright, I am definitely seen. Also started taking alternate routes, looking for new ways to/from work, taking spontaneous right turns and unplanned lefts just to see where they go. Do new routes make me ride faster? Do the people who used to see me every day wonder what happened to me when I take a different route? Does the Internet care that I have made some changes with the blog theme? Most importantly, will I locate and consume divine mobile food truck products this weekend? Will Pedalcraft get here soon enough? Should I rewrap my slightly askew bar tape or just let it be? Fix the derailleur cables on my geared commuter which have been double-procrastinated since I'm loving the fixie commuter so much? Did the texting woman who u-turned right* at me even notice she almost killed someone, and did she sense the love and goodwill I overflowed back at her? 

What if a rainstorm dropped all its water in a single giant raindrop?

Also, the ruellia are blooming, got some water color painting to go figure out.



*I've been asked how that would even be possible. Often the inadvisable becomes feasible thru sheer unawareness, like flying by forgetting to fall down.

7 comments:

  1. I think that's the most disturbing thing with texting while driving incidents: so often the person behind the wheel doesn't even realise there is someone else a few inches away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a yell will alert them, but I find these ultra dry days also dry out my throat, and a hoarse croak doesn't seem to work. We've had some very brief education campaigns but they don't seem to be doing much.

      Delete
  2. Summer has now simply slipped away and the days are QUICKLY getting shorter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know it was called ruellia until now. Thanks for the ID. I finally found the H-Bird Sanctuary...did you see my comment on your old post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maccandace, you're welcome, and I did see your comment. I wonder if ruellia would grow inside vertical cor-ten humming bird sculptures. Or what pollinators visit their purple blossoms.

      Delete
  4. I love that first image...great shot.

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. The seasons are changing here also.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.