Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Seize the Ride


Morning ride

In my bicycle meditation, the wind in my ears flows in and I steer swerve little esses to feel my momentum move back and forth in a coast and pedal, coast and pedal rhythm. I lean slightly forward to feel more weight on my hands, then backwards, bend my elbows, shift my hands around the bars into infinite combinations of position and balance, each one works but differently. Three riders, guy in green, guy in black, and me, all cross the street ahead in different places: green guy in the crosswalk, guy in black in the right turn lane, me in the travel lane. Guy in green: take the crosswalk just to be sure. Guy in black: take the left turn lane so as not have to switch lanes back and forth, more predictable. Me: travel lane, to trigger the light if I have to, and I always seem to have to. In my bicycle meditation I tend to not care where anyone rides, long as I seize the ride and get out on my bicycle.


 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it's great riding weather out there currently, which is evident with the higher number of people on bicycles.

      Delete
  2. Those those pictures look like a peaceful ride somehow. Or maybe just complete.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.