Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Moving, Encouraging Video from Brazil via Copenhagen

I found this video from Copenhangize.com both moving, and encouraging.

Moving, because of its portrayal of the enthusiastic young cyclists riding boldly and with ease and grace through a crowded, car-centric city. That, and it's just incredibly cool.

Encouraging, because some of the scenes reminded me of the car-centric city I live and ride in, and if they can do it, so can I, was my reaction. I am looking forward to seeing more about Mikael Colville-Andersen's trip to Brazil, hoping that he puts some of his presentations online to view. Since I live in a 1% bicycle commuting city (approx), more encouragement, and examples, and information about what it might take to really improve that extremely low rate, from someone who knows and has an extremely compelling messages, encourages me. 

This is a great video. The combination of music, flow, and joy of riding style gets to me. With this music and video playing in my head, I'm headed out for a ride, to see if I can find something like this in my city.


Sao Paulo Bikecapetas from Copenhagenize on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.