Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When I think of Phoenix I think of a Great Blue Vortex in the sky



if you can't see this video it could be that youtube's ambitions are greater than its servers.


her secret is patience


I said HER SECRET IS PATIENCE

This is a relatively new (2009) piece of public art downtown Phoenix called "Her Secret is Patience" by Janet Echelman. I will head back down this way at night sometime to get my own angles on what it looks like to me with all the colored light shining on it. Click the link on her name, above, to see a longer video with people guessing that it could be just about anything. I love the kid who asks if we can go up in it, though. It has its own wikipedia entry. That's $2.5 million worth of netting hanging up there in the sky. You'd think it would have a button you could push, motion sensors that played ambient sound tracks, or something. Get up. Go ride.



3 comments:

  1. 2.5 million dollars? What are those people smoking? I would have done the job for only 1.5 million.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oldfool: (chuckle) We get so many UFO Abductee and SETI conventions as a result of it that it has MORE than paid for itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluescat, agreed, the economic benefit has justified the initial expense. However, I would chip in a small portion just to be able to say that I was there when Oldfool used his bike to haul rolled up lengths of chainlink and other items that he just "found" out to the park to install some art.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.