Monday, June 14, 2010

Watch for Maintenance Vehicles



Infrastructure Needs Maintenance Vehicles


This post is an appreciation for the maintenance vehicles used for building and maintaining the canal paths, multi-use paths, bike lanes, and dedicated infrastructure we use and love. I recognize your critical contribution to making my ride possible. A nationwide network of dedicated bicycle paths would be a giant undertaking requiring many such machines. I imagine a factory in Peoria, Illinois working overtime to produce all the machines that would be needed to build and maintain such a network. Go Cat go! My daily commute is much more enjoyable because of you. Keep up the good work! Get up. Go ride.




Needed for Bike Tunnel Construction and Maintenance


 

3 comments:

  1. I love the street sweeper.
    I'd leave beer for them if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEER FOR SWEEPERS
    I'm on it.
    A campaign that will sweep the nation.
    I'll give em a full bottle for each broken one they remove from the bike lane.
    COLD ONES FOR CLEAN STREETS
    SWEEPER FOAMIES AHEAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot of the backhoe.

    Also, another vote for beer for street sweepers, here!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.