Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Your Wheel, My Scratching Unit

Your wheel. I believe it is too close to my scratching unit. Please remove it.

The cat helped me put on the rear wheel last night. That cog hasn't been so clean in a long time. I think the cat was a bit overwhelmed by its shiny purity. Yasuko is a seven speed, so I had to get a spacer to fit the 8/9 speed hub. When I stacked the spacer under the cog stack, though, it was too tall--I couldn't engage the smallest cog with the splines on the hub. Easy to fix that though: the cog pile had three small screws holding it together, with small hex heads protruding from the bottom which made the total of spacer+screw head+cogs too tall. Remove the screws, use the opportunity to clean the individual pieces really well, then it fit perfectly--I didn't even need to adjust my shifters at all. I did also clean the chain, put on new tire and tube, and adjust the brakes. The ride home tonight was wet and windy. I don't mean breezy, I mean 15-25mph head wind. Boy those aero wheels really helped with that. On my mountain bike. Get up. Go ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.