Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not A Good Idea


(But very necessary)

Inspiration comes from different sources. In fact, it's possible that I am inspired by too wide a variety of stimuli. True, the list is increased markedly in number because many items are listed twice, in effect: for example, "remarkable athletic achievement" inspires me, as does "remarkable athletic achievement (on a bike)." This pattern, of adding "(on a bike)" to a basic inspiration, is valid because my love for bicycles makes them more relevant or personal to me. An achievement in golf, for example, may inspire me slightly, but since I don't get golf, won't mean that much to me. But something like "shooting a hole in one (on a bike)" might move me more, enough that it becomes valid as a distinct achievement. Likewise, doing some things myself may mean more to me if I can add "(on a bike)" to the end. For example, taking pictures of inspirational scenes to put on my blog. If I can do that on a bike, all the better. However, that may not be a good idea. I ride just fast enough that going one-handed while fiddling with zoom and worrying about where the camera is pointed presents some risk. Maybe it just takes practice. I'll keep working on it. But when I see socks like these, (on a bike), I have to take a picture for you. It is necessary to do so. Striped socks (on a bike): inspirational. Get up. Go ride.

Socks=Inspiration

2 comments:

  1. "Here lies John Romeo Alpha. He rode head first into a Mack truck, but at least he got the shot."

    ReplyDelete
  2. USJ there are worse ways to go. For example, Thomas Merton.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.