Thursday, February 4, 2010

Saguaro Stop

Carnegiea gigantea standing on the corner, chatting with me while I wait for the light to change. Our topic of conversation: THE THING IN THE TREE. It was there yesterday in the Lafayette Parkway. Today it was gone, so I couldn't get a closer look to see what it is. All I have is this part of the photo I took for the Little Parks post. What is it? I am guessing some sort of insect sample collector. But actually, I have no idea, and now that it's gone, my neighborhood proprioception is missing a piece of explanatory data. Must make sense of all man-made artifacts within the neighborhood radius in order to place myself within life's rich catalog of local stuff. A mystery like this can cause a critical disconnect in the sense-of-place. Any ideas what it might be? Time to go for a long ride to see if there are any more hanging around. Get up. Go ride.
THE THING IN THE TREE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks John for the +1 to my neighborhood proprioception! Now I wonder what flying insects, and for what purpose(s)... -JR

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.