Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wild Goose Ride


You never know what you're going to see when you get up out of your chair and go for a ride. Today, for example, I was in the middle of interior house reconfiguration when I decided to take a break and meditate on the passage of another year. Sure 2009, you snuck up like a dude with thighs like tree trunks riding a carbon triginta speed dream machine and blew past me for a while, but I kept in touch with you all the way, and eventually caught and passed you. 2010, I see you coming, you remind me of 2009 in some ways. Go ahead, take the lead. I'll draft behind you for several months. I've seen the geese flying in December in Phoenix; that one out in front of the V will tire soon enough. Honk away, 2010, honk honk honk. I'm right behind you, and I will attack when ready. My friends and I are all back here, spinning easy, enjoying the scenery. It was a good way to close out the old year, and to start the new one. I'll see you around the corner. Get up. Go ride.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.