Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Light Club: The First Rule, A Bicycle Prayer

Dec 23 is the day we all just want to be over with. But I don't feel I have enough days left to spend them like that, so I put on my lights and went for a ride.


Hear my prayer on the darkest week of the year.
48 degrees, drenched in sweat, covered in mud.
Flying in the night along the water...

Started the year a slave to fear,
running from the old demons,
fattening on slipshod dreams,
a camera-crushed shadow shone
on the confused cave stone.

Ended the year flying at night,
pushing as hard as I could,
knees crying, thighs burning
to answer to that old self:
you can be this,

48 degrees, drenched in sweat, covered in mud.
Flying in the night along the water, laughing.

Hear my prayer for 2010:
Get up. Go ride.

1 comment:

  1. pretty cool video. Your eyes follow the light spot.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.