Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Sunset Commute, December 4, 2009

On the ride home tonight, I watched the setting sun burnish the top of Hayes Peak in the Estrella Mountains, and slowed my pace a little to spin easy as evening fell. I wanted to grab a picture of the dying light burning the pyramid-shaped rocks miles away, but that's a view that doesn't show up very well on a cell phone snap. Instead, a few miles down the road, I pulled over and caught last light in Dateland. No heavy thoughts; in fact, as I thought about that phrase, "last light in Dateland," I thought of a date shake at the Sphinx Date Ranch, and nearly turned around to pedal back and get one. But, maybe I can use that as a lure to get one or more of my kids out on their bikes this weekend. So, it's the weekend. Let's all go get a frosty beverage of our choice, relax, and contemplate ways to make the residents of this planet more aware of one another. Get up. Go ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.