Thursday, November 26, 2009

Excessive Protection on Black Friday

Shopping for a small vid camera deal for shots for the blog, I came across this video. I like the editing and music. Some work and care went into making it. The different camera angles keep it interesting. But the full face helmet and pads all over look excessive for the trail they're riding. When I saw his outfit, I anticipated some gnarly rock-strewn drops, or else some twisted, stump and root littered fast rip downhill, but that jump that they show in slow-mo and still shots looks exactly like the one I used to jump with my blue Schwinn Stingray three-speed with the banana seat and sissy bar. Maybe the gnarly parts got edited out. Would like to see the footage that justifies all that gear though. Get up. Go ride. After the turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, almost anything goes, except for obvious spam or blatantly illegal or objectionable material. Spammers may be subject to public ridicule, scorn, or outright shaming, and the companies represented in spam shall earn disrepute and ire for each occurrence.